"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11



Saturday, July 24, 2010

~ Zoo Day ~

Last week, Steven and I decided to take Sofia to the Fort Worth Zoo. I am not a big fan of zoos, but Fort Worth Zoo has a really nice set-up AND, it's one of the top 5 in the nation. We headed out as early as we could to beat the heat, but this is Texas, so who were we kidding. Nonetheless, we were excited about our day and off we went.


Doesn't this group look like they are ready to have some zoo fun? :o)
Much better picture ;o)... Here we go!!!!!
Here is Steven mapping out our zoo route.

Right away, Sofia wanted to get "down" from her stroller and the first thing she did was head over to this water exhibit.

While she was looking through this glass, the gorilla came over and plopped himself right in front of her. When we told her it was a "BIG monkey" - she started making monkey noises!
Sofia is pointing to the......

GIRAFFES!
While at the zoo, we met up with a really good friend of mine. Kathy was the principal at our school until she resigned to become the Director of Education at the zoo! I was really impressed with all the new zoo verbage (word?) that she was saying. It was so great to see her and I realized how much more I am going to miss her when the new school year begins in a few weeks.


Our next stop was to see one of Sofia's favorite animals - ELEPHANTS! I say it is her favorite because it was one of the first animal noises she was able to make.
Here she is making elephant noises with her "elephant trunk" - a.k.a, her arm.


The zoo had water misters set up to help keep their visitors cool.

Ahhhh - relief!
At this station, there are many parakeets inside thise cage. You are able to purchase bird food and go in to feed them. We decided to wait for another day for this exciting event since we didn't know how Sofia would handle it.

Not afraid! We sometimes sing "five little monkeys sitting in a tree" where the alligator comes and "SNAPS" the monkey out of the tree (I know - it's not very kid friendly) but, while looking at this alligator/crocodile, she started "snapping" her hands to sing the song :o)

BREAK TIME!!



"Wish" (Sofia's word for 'fish')

Here comes another!!






It was not on her agenda to stop and see the penguins.
Another look at the gorillas.



Well, after two or three hours, it was time to call it a day. We enjoyed our first visit at the zoo and look forward to returning (hopefully soon!).
Within minutes of leaving the zoo....

The result of "Zoo Day": FUN FUN FUN (and humid humid humid)! It was a great day filled with great memories and can't wait to return.
Here is our guide - the red are the places we visited and the blue is for another day and another dollar.

No comments: