This morning, Sofia woke up at 5:45 am CRYING - which is usually an indication that she was still tired and needed more sleep. Steven brought her to our bed where she slept for a little over an hour. Shortly after, more crying but this time it was paired with screaming - and I could not console her!!! Mari (my sister) walked into the kitchen to find of us both crying. It was crushing that I could not help Sofia and her obvious pain. My first instinct was an ear infection, so I called the doctor and gratefully took the appointment opening at 10:15am. After a great visit - no ear infection, no fever - it was concluded that her bicuspids were coming. She has tried to be a trooper all day and be herself, but then she would crumble to her painful cries. :o( She was so tired after fighting her pain all day she fell asleep in Steven's arms as he walked her around outside. We are also grateful for ibuprofen.
Once these teeth come in, we will celebrate with great beef jerky! ;o)
After the doctor's visit



1 comment:
Hang in there! It is funny how a small thing could be so dramatic. Sometimes I think it is harder on the parents than the child. Many mom's told me (which I just couldn't believe at the time) that this will pass. It is only a phase and everybody will bounce back soon. BTW, Sofia is so beautiful!
Post a Comment