"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11



Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cushy Tushy

When Juliet was about two weeks old, she had the saddest rash on her little bottom.  She cried when she wet her diaper and cried louder when she was changed  :( 

After a visit with her pediatrician (and better lighting in the doctor's office) the conclusion was a possible allergic reaction to the gel in the diapers.  In addition, her body where the diaper covered was also irritated.  With a precription in hand and advice to look for "brown diapers" we left.  My sister, Anna, who was with me mentioned cloth diapers.  Before I could respond "No thanks" she started telling me about these cutie patootie cloth diapers she sees everywhere with bum covers that come in a variety of colors.  "Variety of colors?!?!"  (OOO la-la! Those were the magic words!!).....and they help the planet...

And she was right..  gdiapers are a type of diaper that come with cloth inserts AND disposable inserts.  The disposable inserts are biodegradable that can be tossed, flushed (YES - can you believe it!) or used as compost (I'm not there yet).  Not to mention that the bum covers DO come in a variety of colors AND are super duper cute!

After trying them for a couple of days her rash was gone (I'm sure the ointment helped) but has yet to have another rash episode.  I didn't go overboard and purchase as many colors as I would have liked for the first round because we tried regular pampers again just to make sure, but lo and behold she had another rash (DARN! wink-wink :) ) 

Overall, I have been happy with them.  Steven said I shocked him when I decided to go this route (I am a little shocked myself - we use both cloth and disposable) but it beats Juliet being miserable and heading to the doctor each time with the sensitive skin she may have. 

Here are a few extra facts:
  • gDiapers are plastic-free, elemental chlorine free, latex free, and perfume free.
  • 50 million diapers get tossed each day and each one takes up to 500 years to biodegrade.
  • gDiapers break down in 50-150 days.
  • Super cute!  (That's my part)  ;)
To get you to their website for more exciting news, click here




I LOVE gdiapers!

Sincerely,
A happy customer  :)

No comments: