"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11



Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Swimming!

This summer Sofia participated in swim lessons.  The two best perks about the swim lessons were (1) They took place at our house and (2) I didn't have to get in the pool  ;) . 

Ms. Angie, the swim instructor, was absolutely wonderful and so patient with the everyday crying from the beginning to the end (30 - 40 minutes!).  She would occasionally bring her daughters to swim along which were a great distraction motivation for Sofia and her friend Tori.  Angie taught them great survival skills of getting out of the pool (not using the steps), turning around toward the wall after jumping in, using kickers to move around and going under water (the least favorite).  She used songs to calm them and they would eventually sing along ..... at night we would even hear Sofia repeat all the instructions in the same kind voice to her babydolls along with an "I'm proud of you!"  and "Here's a Skittle" (the reward).

Before, Sofia never would dart for the pool but didn't want to dive right in it either to enjoy the water.  By the end of the week she was a fearless Micheal Phelps (with floaties)   ;) 

We loved Ms. Angie and we will definitely see her again next year!

No comments: