When I realized that I was going to continue working to finish my CFY Intern Year, I started praying for God to pick someone so special to take care of Sofia. Other than our parents, Steven nor I could not imagine leaving her with just anyone and since I had assessed several children at the daycares in our area, placing Sofia in any of them was not an option to be considered. I can honestly say, that who we would leave Sofia with was never a worry. I knew God had a perfect person to love on Sofia and care for her as if she was her own. Our prayers were answered beyond our imagination with Mrs. Nikki. We could not of asked for a better place {again, other than the grandparents ;o) } for Sofia to play and learn other kiddos exist at such a young age. Sofia's absolute LOVE for Mrs. Nikki and her crew would be confirmed with squeals of excitement when we would pull up to her house, followed by wanting Mrs. Nikki and blowing me a kiss or waving/saying "bye". I would leave there with such peace knowing she would do great.
Well, here we are the last day. It was a little sad to drive off because I know the fun time she has had this year, so we made promises to each other that she could go visit a time or two over the summer. Until then, thank you Mrs. Nikki - you made what could of been the worst year a lot easier, thank you Nani and Grandpa for taking care of Sofia when she was sick for a few days straight and most important, - thank you, God, for wonderful family and sweet friends......
In this picture, Sofia meets Mrs. Nikki and Tia (her daughter) for the very first time. God's confirmation to me was seeing Sofia's sweet smile ;o) {I cannot believe how little Sofia is in this picture and it is less than a year old!}
Mrs. Nikki was so kind to send me text pics of Sofia through out the year......
Sofia's very first day!



No comments:
Post a Comment