Today turned out to be a gorgeous day!! First, I spent my morning at a baby shower for a good friend and adoring her precious gifts for her soon-to-be-here-in-seven-weeks "Zoe" (what a fun name!) Sofia and I had fun inside while Steven was working hard outside with yard work. There are quite a few pics in this post, so have a seat! :0)
Sofia's hair is getting fuller and longer. Last night I was able to pull it up in a clip and when she saw her "do" in the mirror she laughed and clapped. So today, I made two little pigtails (more like little "rabbit ears"). This was not the look I was going for, by the way, but she got a kick out it when I showed her what she looked like.....
Wearing a tu-tu her cousin Clarissa gave her.......
After a nap and a bath, we headed out to look for bluebonnets!!! We missed them last year and I was certain that was not going to happen to us again......we found a spot and had fun taking these next few pictures.
Did you know you can smell bluebonnets? - When you have a kadrillion of them altogether.
( That's Steven's leg in the background)
Our latest stage with Sofia is introducing her to all kinds of (healthy and kid-friendly) table food. I do not want to buy anymore baby jars of food - yuck!!!! I have found a lot of ideas on weelicious.com that a friend of mine introduced me to. We have learned that she wants to bite into the sandwich instead of us tearing off a piece and giving it to her or taking her choice of steamed vegetable from the plate instead of us choosing it for her (I'm convinced she gets this from Steven - but don't tell him I said so :0) ). After our photo shoot with the wildflowers, we headed to Kincaid's (a delicious burger joint). This was a big moment for us because Sofia had her food order right off the menu and served in her own food bag!
She ate half of her grilled cheese sandwich and half a banana while waving "hello" and "goodbye" with anyone who would make eye contact with her. :0)





2 comments:
Love this! What great pictures - and I love that you took a photo of the food bag! What a great day!
The precious! Love the bluebonnet pics!
Post a Comment